Guåhan Academy Charter School
- Friday: Class of 2022 graduation ceremony 10 a.m. at RIHGA Royal Laguna Guam Resort.
- June 13-July 22: Summer school. Registration forms are due June 3.
Faneyåkan Sinipok program
The CHamoru Immersion Program is open to all kindergarten students who are living in Guam and will be 5 years old by July 31, 2022. The program will be held from 8:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. at P.C. Lujan Elementary School.
Students must be enrolled for face-to-face learning and transportation must be provided by the parent or guardian.
To apply, families can fill out an application and provide all necessary documents at rb.gy/8uubxk, followed by an interview. Families will need to commit to the following:
- Active participation in the program.
- Parents and family members must take CHamoru immersion classes.
- Provide eight hours of in-kind service to the program per month.
For more information, contact the GDOE CHamoru Studies division at 671-300-2498 or 671-300-1367 or email email@example.com.
Guam Community College
Guam Community College is seeking a mascot design that will be used to define the college’s brand. GCC students, former students, alumni who attended GCC for at least 1 year and employees can join the contest.
Submissions will be accepted until June 24, 2022. Multiple designs are accepted if submitted individually. Designs must be submitted at guamcc.edu/gccmascot. The winner will receive $500 and an official print of the GCC mascot. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.guamcc.edu/gccmascot.
Place-based Environmental Education workshop
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Center for Learning with Nature and other partners are hosting a “Fanihi & Friends: Place-based Environmental Education” workshop for upper elementary to secondary science teachers from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on June 29-July 2. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn new ways and tools to connect Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math subjects to Guam’s natural environment.
- Attend formal instructional days and two field visits to explore place-based learning opportunities on Guam.
- Network with other educators to grow STEAM education among students.
- Register for one graduate credit at a fee of $20.
For more information or to register, contact Marybelle Quinata at 671-355-5096 or email email@example.com.